Full-Time GIS Consultant
We are currently looking for a GIS CONSULTANT in the Utilities industry for our office in Brussels.
We are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, positive and confident GIS Consultant to support and contribute to the delivering GIS projects in the Utility market (Electricity, Gas, Water…) across Belgium.
The candidate will have extensive experience in implementing/using GIS softwares and will be able to take functional and technical leadership in management and delivery of GIS project work through all parts of the project lifecycle. He/she will have experience in data acquisition, spatial analysis and data management and has at least a basic understanding of the concepts behind Enterprise Asset Management, and in particular Network related assets.
• Your main tasks/responsibilities will include:
• Work with client business representatives and facilitate workshops to define the business requirements;
• Translate the requirements into detailed functional designs to fulfill the client needs;
• Assist the client in adapting the internal organization to new requirements and process designs;
• Participate in transitioning the business requirements to the technical IT consultants, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements;
• Test the functionalities enabled by the IT developers and ensure all business requirements are met;
• Facilitate training to enable the business representatives and support them during testing;
• Plan & prepare the transition into the new ERP system
• Coordinate and supervise activities between different stakeholders (internal or external)
• Structure and define specific solutions for issues encountered and design proposed improvements.
• Supervise junior members of the team and identify training and professional development needs in order to grow the GIS practice
• Have an active role in our business development assisting in proposals and bids that partly or solely involve GIS.
Accenture Technology leverages design thinking, industry insights and the latest digital and Security methodologies to help clients innovate, grow and improve their businesses. Our expertise, capabilities and experience mean that our clients (including some of the biggest brands in the world) trust us to find the right solutions for their needs.
Together with our talented international colleagues, we focus on connecting the needs of businesses with the new possibilities that come with technological progress. Because that’s where the real challenges are: inventing and testing things that have never been tried before, getting new applications ready for roll-out, and ultimately guiding clients to select and implement the right technologies – including state of the art Security solutions – to transform their businesses.
• University degree in Commercial of Civil Engineering, Economical sciences, Information Technology, or a business related university with a strong IT affinity;
• Previous experience of 1 to 5 years in either utilities or GIS application environment.
• Knowledge of Smallworld, ArcGIS (Esri) or another GIS product and an awareness of current industry trends.
• Experience of data management, maintenance, manipulation, quality check and quality assurance, data capture, data analysis spatial analysis, data migration and visualization
• Excellent proficiency in Dutch or French and English, both oral and written
• Knowledge/affinity with Java, Python, C# and Ruby
• Knowledge of DevOps and Test Automation
• Knowledge of Design Patterns, Refactoring concepts
• Familiar with Continuous Integration and unit testing
• Experience in Utilities
• Strong analytical skills and structure problem solving;
• Team player;
• Commercial spirit;
• Result oriented;
• Ability to deliver work on time with the required quality;
• Excellent proficiency in English, Dutch and French is mandatory, additional languages are an asset;
Accenture is an incredible place to work – and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow – whatever it is you’re great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
• 13th month + holiday allowance
• 20 + 12 holidays
• Laptop and smartphone
• Hospitalization insurance and extensive group insurance package
• Bonus program
• Training & learning opportunities
• Green mobility program: e-bikes, public transport, bike 2 work allowance,…
• Flexrewards: decide on your rewards package with our flexible benefits tool
• Discount program: get discounts at your favorite (online) shops
• Employee shares purchase plan
• And many more!
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
How to Applyhttps://www.career-accenture.be/vacancies/gis-consultant-825
295 total views, 5 today