Full-Time Junior IT Monitoring Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are currently looking for a “Junior IT Monitoring Administrator” in order to support the planning, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, administration, and operations of Monitoring solution BMC ProactiveNET, Truesight, Dynatrace, Patrol and open source monitoring (PANDORA).
As team member the Junior IT Monitoring Administrator cooperates with various IT departments to operate, administrate, produce and document monitoring (server & application).
The Junior IT Monitoring Administrator member operates, implements and maintains monitoring technology in a 24×7 enterprise production environment.
On a daily basis or randomly, you’d be covering the following activities:
• Administration of monitoring platform;
• Insure availability of monitoring solution (monitoring, alerting) in 24/7 mode (oncall);
• Handle daily operation activities (requests, changes and incidents);
• Insure that requests and incidents are resolved within agreed KPI;
• Incident management: Responsible for informing incident manager, system and application owners of none completeness and/or none accuracy, critical error detected by the monitoring solution on regular basis;
• Respond to technical support tickets for Monitoring features and configuration;
• Help service owners translate business needs into monitoring solution;
• Configure monitoring solution to deliver alerts;
• Deploy in production & administrate monitoring tools on the existing perimeter;
• Setup test & validation of new applications (release, patch);
• Maintain documentation (how-to, normalization, installation);
• (*)Participation in project and customer and technical team training:
- Participate in monitoring technical projects;
- If necessary, provide training and support to application owners and technical team to enable them to respond to all data and quality standards;
- If necessary, assist / support service owner to develop their internal process to ensure detection of error and proactive.
Minimum 3 years of working experience in a complex IT environment and at least medium size company.
• Good knowledge in Supervision (operation, administration and implementation): BMC Proactive NET, Truesight, Event management (BEM or HPOV or TIVOLI), Patrol, TMART, AppVisibility, Pandora, Application performance monitoring (APM dynatrace) PM MRL, KM (Oracle, WebLogic, UNIX, etc.);
• Knowledge in CMDB (administration and implementation) is a plus;
• BMC Remedy 9.xxx, good knowledge;
• IA Atrium Integrator, understanding of logical and physical data models;
• Comprehensive understanding of relational database (primary / foreign relations, etc.);
• Capable to formulate (in writing) and execute SQL queries on the Oracle database;
• Capable to recognize and automate the loading of data / update activities;
• System : Linux / Unix and additionally Windows is a plus;
• Scripting: at least one of the programming languages : Shell (like ksh, bash) and PowerShell is a plus;
• Ticketing Tools: SMT HP Service Manager;
• Good understanding of the ITIL processes;
• Good level speaking and writing English. French is an asset.
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast growing and dynamic team on challenging national and international projects in various industries. We also offer the opportunity to continuously deepen your knowledge and to further develop your personal competencies.
636 total views, 1 today