Full-Time Head of IT Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The IT Operations section shall become a centre of excellence for knowledge concerning software support, maintenance, deployment and upkeep and track best practices and ongoing marketplace developments. The section will also deal with practical, hands-on matters for in-house or customer projects and perform the high-level support work of for existing contracted customers.
The IT Operations section will deal both with knowledge management, theoretical and practical as well as with hands-on work in supporting the development section and provide helpdesk, coaching, management, organization, setup, and general consulting services for in-house people and customers.
Disparate technologies have to be covered, virtual machines, cloud infrastructure, Apple, Microsoft and Unix system, backup systems, Internet infrastructure, switches, routers and converged architecture, databases, relational or otherwise, DevOps and SecOps, docker solutions, security, integrity, data recovery, disaster recovery, contract and supplier management, compliance and regulation, reporting, analysis and statistics, all of which is merged together into a harmonic whole by deploying the requisite soft skills and people skills to achieve sustained and steady business success.
- Good or advanced knowledge of “best practices” and recommendations in offering services in IT-oriented industries: ITIL, TOGAF and COBIT frameworks.
- Good or advanced knowledge of project management: PRINCE2, HERMES, with instinct for “agile” approaches a must.
- A minimum of 3 years experience of leading teams is mandatory
- Ability to supervise and manage local and distributed teams of support people and operators and set up their career paths which they can then follow autonomously
- Ability to project strategic vision and entrain co-workers into this vision
- Ability to pull in prospective customers and funnel them to the sales department towards successful conclusion of a win-win contract.
- Ability to examine new technologies and Gartner-pushed ideas with a calculating spirit, choosing the one that are bound to impact the marketplace in the near future, then position the section strategically so as to reap maximum rewards from disruptive readjustments
- Ability to perform management of risks, costs and to process the feedback from both customers and employees
- Ability to set up a structure that can provide excellent support management services to a multinational group under challenging conditions of manpower and workload
- Ability to speak and write English a must. Good abilities in French and German a plus
What benefits would be offered?
- You will team up with a cohesive team that it based on self-help
- You will work with people who are passionate about their work
- You will have the possibility to work independently in an environment of trust
How to ApplyIf you think that you match with this profile, then please feel free to send your application at the following email address: email@example.com
387 total views, 6 today